Dolly Parton’s Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., is one of the Top 10 best amusement parks in the world, according to Travels’ Choice Best of Awards in 2020.
Dollywood ranked No. 8 on the list, joining Magic Kingdom Park (No. 1), Universal Studios Florida (No. 5), Tivoli Gardens (No. 7) and more in the Top 10. The list is based on reviews, ratings and saves on Tripadvisor.
Dollywood recently celebrated its inaugural Flower & Food Festival. Upcoming events at Dollywood include the Harvest Festival (Sept 25–Oct. 31), which will feature the Great Pumpkin LumiNights, and Smoky Mountain Christmas (Nov. 14–Jan. 2, 2021).
A number of measures have been installed at Dollywood as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Daily capacity will be limited.
- Face masks or face coverings are required for all visitors ages 3 and up, with some exceptions.
- Temperature screenings will be taken prior to entry.
- Attraction and dining capacities will be limited to allow guests to have more space to move around during their visit.
- Physical distancing measures have been put in place, including physically distanced queues, marked barriers and social distancing reminders.
- Additional sanitation measures have been implemented, including high touch point areas being cleaned more frequently and providing additional hand sanitizing locations.
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com